Are You a Jimmy Buffet Fan? Here are Five Interesting Facts About the Iconic Folk Rocker
Are you a Jimmy Buffett fan? Here are five interesting facts about Jimmy Buffet:
by Liz Neel
- In 2006, Jimmy Buffet was listed by Rolling Stone Magazine as the 7th wealthiest rock star! Through his “Margaritaville” product line, “Cheeseburger in Paradise Restaurants,” footwear line, and more, Mr. Buffet brings in nearly $100 million each year. That’s a whole lotta cheeseburgers!
- Jimmy likes to refer to his loyal fan base as “Parrotheads.”
- He and country super-star Alan Jackson received the honor of “Vocal Event of the Year” at the 2003 CMA Awards.
- Not only does Mr. Buffet have six Gold albums, but a whopping eight more Platinum and Multi-Platinum albums.
- Some folks may not know that Jimmy teamed up with Anhheuser-Busch in 2006 to produce the popular beachy-themed beer, Land Shark Lager.
This Friday evening at the Owensboro Convention Center, dip your toes in the sand with a big summertime beach party inside at Paddy O'Beach! The Festival features live music from Parrots of the Caribbean, a Jimmy Buffett tribute band and ZBTB, the nation’s top Zac Brown tribute band and an indoor sand pit! 21 and over event. Tickets are $15 at the door.
Are you coming?! Join our Facebook page here and share it with your friends!