Seriously?!  Balloons harmful really?  If you're thinking this sounds absolutely ridiculous I would have said I was with you until I recently read an article sent to me by my friend Ashley.

Apparently, balloons cause more choking deaths in children than any other non-food product.  What happens is the balloon (latex) if swallowed whether small pieces or whole can get caught in a child's airway and is just too lightweight to find its way down the windpipe.  So basically, the child suffocates and the parent can do nothing to help.

How terrifying as a parent to be helpless while your child chokes to death!   Take these steps to ensure the safety of your child!