Centers for Disease Control Releases Zombie Apocalypse Emergency Preparedness Kit
Over the Memorial Day weekend, a homeless man in Miami, FL,was discovered cannibalizing the face of another homeless man. Ronald Poppo, 65, was viciously attacked by 31-year-old Rudy Eugene in a gory assault which ended in law enforcement officials shooting and killing Eugene. The scary part is that this isn't the first report of zombie-like cannibalizing. Though a drug called Bath Salts was initially thought to be the cause of Poppo's insanity, an autopsy is scheduled to take place. In the meantime, Fox News has reported that the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has launched a new campaign - Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse.
With imminent threat of the Zombie Apocalypse right around the corner, we decided to help our listeners prepare!
The CDC lists:
- Traveling clothes and sturdy walking shoes
- Duct tape
- Personal care items
- First-aid kit
- Important documents
- Wind up powered radio
These are all important things to have in any emergency preparedness kit but if you are dealing with zombies you may need a few more supplies. Here is what the WBKR staff came up with. What else should be included on the list?
- Louisville Slugger
- Lots of coffee because you can't sleep
- Neosporin for when they try to eat your face
- Steel toe boots
- An automatic weapon or two with bayonet tips
- A hacksaw
- Green face paint to fit in
- Some dead rotting meat to hang off you so they don't smell you comin'
- A solar-powered tank with battery backup
- A donkey to carry supplies
- Zombie repellant
- Glittery smoke bombs
- Lip gloss for Jaclyn Graves
- Chuck Norris and/or McGuyver