Daviess County Public Schools Celebrate Their Staff
During the month of October, there are two appreciation periods for the people who help with our kids every day. National School Bus and National School Lunch appreciation weeks are this month to show support and give thanks to these vital members of the school staff.
Daviess County Public Schools are extending their observance of these weeks to include custodial and maintenance staff!
Each school in the DCPS district will be holding celebrations to honor these important members of the school staff. In addition, administrators have been assigned various jobs through a random selection process.
According to a press release, administrators have been teamed up with members of the custodial, cafeteria, transportation, and maintenance teams. These include:
- Superintendent Owens Saylor teaming up with Glenn Pierce, custodian at East View Elementary School. According to the release, Pierce was recently recognized with the DCPS Great Expectations Customer Service Award.
- Anthony Sparks, director of instructional technology, will work at Daviess County Middle School
- Lora Wimsatt will assist head custodian Ray Higgs at Apollo High School.
- David Humphrey, director of maintenance, will work in the cafeteria at Burns Elementary School
- Robin Bush, director of special education, will work in the cafeteria at Burns Middle School
- Wayne Wright, director of transportation, will work in the cafeteria at Highland Elementary School
- Caleb York, Title I coordinator, will work in the cafeteria at Audubon Elementary School
- The following administrators will report to the Transportation Department, 1621 Southtown Boulevard, to serve as bus monitors:
- Matt Robbins, assistant superintendent for finance and operations, will assist as a bus monitor
- Lisa Sims, food services director, will assist as a bus monitor
- Vicki Riley, director of elementary education, will assist as a bus monitor
- Mark Owens, director of personnel, will assist as a bus monitor
- Julie Clark, assistant superintendent for teaching and learning, will work with the maintenance department
DCPS Preschool Director Janet Land (pictured) worked in the Country Heights Elementary School cafeteria on Oct. 14.
A huge thank you to all of the staff and administrators of our schools for the work they do!