Digital Job Fair: FLANDERS – Driver [APPLY HERE]
This position is responsible for transporting equipment to and from customer work sites which may include local and/or over the road (overnight) hauling, transport equipment to and from local company plants, and perform basic maintenance on company vehicles as needed.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
• Inspect delivery truck and trailer for defects before and after trips. Report any discrepancies indicating truck condition to the Transportation Foreman or Coordinator.
• Load and unload all types and sizes of electric motors, generators, motor components, and electrical equipment on flatbed trucks and trailers using proper rigging and lift equipment.
• Determine where and how to place equipment on the trailer for safe transportation.
• Tie equipment correctly on trailer to ensure safe transportation following all company and DOT guidelines.
• Wrap, pad, and tarp the load to protect customer and company property.
• Drive trucks to transport equipment including driving and maneuvering the truck on roadways and company and customer sites.
• Transport overweight and/or overdiminsion loads following all State and Federal provisions. May utilize special hauling equipment up to and including a 13 axle combination vehicle.
The position requirements are:
• One year of tractor trailer/commercial driving required with good driving record or recent graduate of an accredited truck driver training school.
• Must be 21 years of age per DOT regulations.
• Hold and maintain a valid DOT medical card.
• Hold and maintain a CDL Class A license.
• Ability to work independently and make decisions within DOT guidelines.
• Overnight travel required of approximately three days on a rather frequent basis (20% of the time but may fluctuate up or down based on business needs).
Part or Full-Time
For three generations, FLANDERS, a privately owned and operated company, has remained in the forefront of innovative design, manufacturing, and service of the motors, generators, controls, drives, and automation systems that optimize industry’s return on investment.
In heavy industry, equipment inefficiency and downtime equal lost production. Our continual goal is to increase efficiency and reliability while improving safety and lowering your operating costs, minimizing downtime and delivering the lowest total cost of ownership. Through superior engineering, manufacturing, repair, and aftermarket service, FLANDERS’ advanced technology delivers proven solutions worldwide.
Please upload resume and cover letter describing why you are qualified for this role based on the position requirements.
To view all available positions and apply, please visit www.flandersinc.com