Digital Job Fair: FLANDERS – Tool Designer [APPLY HERE]
This full time position is responsible for creating and duplicating basic to moderately complex mechanical detail drawings of components, parts, and accessories.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
• Create mechanical assemblies and models via Inventor/Solid Works or similar software. Create assembly and detail drawings per company and customer specifications for the fabrication of dies, special machines, fixtures, motors, and/or other components.
• Provide engineering calculations and designs based upon accepted standards and priorities.
• Collaborate on and off-site with various departments, customers, vendors, and/or subcontractors to develop equipment/component specifications.
• Participate in design reviews with cross functional team participation to obtain design improvements, quality improvements, cost savings, and/or assembly improvements.
The position requirements are:
• Two years design/drafting experience.
• Experience in a machine shop or mechanical fabrication environment a plus.
• Experience working in a machine shop or similar field.
• Experience with Auto Cad and Drafting or Solid Works.
• Two years AutoCAD/Autodesk drawing experience.
• Three years 3D modeling software experience.
• One year experience with Inventor/Solid Works or similar software.
• Good written and verbal communication skills. Good organizational skills.
• Good knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software.
• Strong algebra, trigonometry, and analytical geometry skills.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend complex instructions.
• Ability to understand, perform, and retain various job related training, operational, and safety procedures.
• Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to routine duties within set company standards.
Part or Full-Time
For three generations, FLANDERS, a privately owned and operated company, has remained in the forefront of innovative design, manufacturing, and service of the motors, generators, controls, drives, and automation systems that optimize industry’s return on investment.
In heavy industry, equipment inefficiency and downtime equal lost production. Our continual goal is to increase efficiency and reliability while improving safety and lowering your operating costs, minimizing downtime and delivering the lowest total cost of ownership. Through superior engineering, manufacturing, repair, and aftermarket service, FLANDERS’ advanced technology delivers proven solutions worldwide.
Please upload resume and cover letter describing why you are qualified for this role based on the position requirements.
To view all available positions and apply, please visit www.flandersinc.com