Digital Job Fair: Vectren – Business Systems Analyst [APPLY HERE]
Business Systems Analyst
With limited supervision, the Business System Analyst III is responsible to serve as a liaison between Vectren’s business units and IT to assist in the definition, documentation, planning, execution, and testing of projects and releases, which are typically IT related and predominantly capital investments.
- Delivery of all work assignments, directions and instructions based on the priorities and time parameters given by immediate supervisor.
- Work to understand business functional needs and develop utility business acumen over time.
- Capable to oversee and / or lead multiple project schedules.
- Capable to facilitate meetings and coordinate the work of others.
- Work flexible hours, outside standard business hours, as required, to apply system maintenance, upgrades or to perform project implementation activities. At times more than a typical 40 hour week, as required, to ensure on-time delivery or to respond to critical business needs.
- Achieve annual performance objectives established with your supervisor.
- Works with IT and business clients to define the scope and objectives for all assigned projects utilizing standardized documentation techniques.
- Works with functional resources to develop a project business case. This includes analyzing current state processes and costs and proposed implementation costs and project benefits.
- Develop financial analyses to support the business case. (NPV, tax depreciation, ROI analysis).
- Documents current processes using procedural analysis and standard process documentation techniques
- Documents formal business and technical requirements.
- Lead problem solving sessions and facilitate root cause analysis.
- Designs proposed process improvements and demonstrates business value of the proposed improvements.
- Builds and maintains strong internal networks with key customers.
- Engages other IT resources on behalf of internal customers to validate technical requirements and obtain time estimates and costs.
- Manages projects and ensures they are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains project status and reporting for deliverables completion and financials.
- Preparation and maintenance of test plans and test scripts for manual and automated testing
- Ensure high quality and accuracy is maintained through to software release
- Lead execution of a test plan and test scripts to test software components and demonstrate the business requirements are delivered.
- Provide feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements
- Facilitate the completion of User Acceptance Testing.
- Provide estimates and feedback to the Supervisor, Business System Consulting and Software Quality Assurance Coordinator for project scheduling purposes
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree, or must be actively enrolled in an education program to complete a bachelor’s degree or have equivalent work experience of 8+ years.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as Computer Science
- Certifications or advanced studies preferred
- Typically will have 8+ years general business experience
- Typically will have 6+ years of relevant professional work in Information Technology
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Process design skills
- System testing skills
Part or Full-Time
• First Shift
Vectren Corporation is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Ind. Vectren’s wholly owned subsidiary, Vectren Utility Holdings, Inc., serves as the intermediate holding company for three operating utilities: Vectren Energy Delivery of Indiana – North (Vectren North), Vectren Energy Delivery of Indiana – South (Vectren South) and Vectren Energy Delivery of Ohio (VEDO).
Vectren North provides energy delivery services to 570,000 natural gas customers located in central and southern Indiana. Vectren South provides energy delivery services to 142,000 electric customers and 111,000 gas customers located in southwestern Indiana. Vectren South also owns and operates electric generation to serve its electric customers and optimizes those assets in the wholesale power market. VEDO provides energy delivery services to approximately 314,000 natural gas customers located in west central Ohio.
Vectren’s total generation is nearly 1,300 megawatts (MW) and includes 1,000 MW of coal-fired generation, 295 MW of gas-fired generation and 3.2 MW of landfill gas-fired power. In addition, the company has 30 MW of purchased wind power and another 100 MW of purchased power. Furthermore, interruptible load and demand side management initiatives can yield more than 60 MW of energy savings to meet peak demand if needed.
Vectren’s Nonutility Group is involved in four primary business areas: Infrastructure Services, Energy Services, Energy Marketing and Coal Mining. Infrastructure Services provides underground construction, repair, and replacement services (Miller Pipeline and Minnesota Limited.) Energy Services provides energy performance contracting services and renewable energy project development (Energy Systems Group). Energy Marketing markets natural gas (ProLiance Energy). Coal Mining mines and sells coal (Vectren Fuels).
Joining the Vectren team could be the right choice for you. We work together with the pride and professionalism of a world-class work force in providing safe, reliable energy to all our customers – from individuals and small businesses to some of the world’s largest corporations.
Where to Apply – Online Application