Project Princess: Free Prom Dresses for Area High School Girls
- Browning Room, Central Library
- 200 SE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Evansville, IN 47713 United States
PROJECT PRINCESS: EVERY GIRL DESERVES A HAPPY ENDING
On March 23, 2014 from 2-5 PM at the Browning Room in Central Library all local high-school age girls and their friends and parents are invited to attend Project Princess. Girls who want to attend their school’s 2014 prom but cannot afford a dress can receive a gently-used dress from Project Princess free-of-charge. Recipients must bring school ID or proof of studentship such as a report card or book fee bill. We are encouraging girls to wear a tight fitting tank top and shorts to do quick try-ons in case the dressing rooms are full!
We are also seeking donations of new or gently used dresses and accessories along with sponsorships from local businesses. To donate your dress, shoes and accessories to Project Princess, drop off items to Townsquare Media located at 117 SE 5th Street across from D-Patrick or at WBKR in Owensboro and we'll do the rest.. We’ll be taking them until March 21st at 5 PM. (3 blocks South of the Ford Center off Walnut). To become an in-kind sponsor or donate services for door prize giveaways or coupons such as salon appointments, dry cleaning or dresses, please contact Katelyn Buttram at 812.499.7867812.499.7867 or Ashley Sollars at 270.485.2873270.485.2873.
It's hard to let go of something that reminds you of priceless memories but think of the memories another girl can make. After all, every girl deserves a happy ending!
- Paparazzi “Glamour & Gowns” donated 150 BRAND NEW dresses along with racks and hangers.
- Tracy Jones will be donating several sets of jewelry in honor of her daughter Emily Jones.
- LCphoto Art will be at the event donating mini photography sessions.
- Kelly Koressel Henning and the girls from Off the Top Salon will be at the event to give tutorials on simple DIY prom updos and will be giving away gift certificates.
- Ashley Brooks has donated a handmade pair of sequined prom flats for a giveaway.
- Aby S Sco has donated racks for us to use at the event.
- Kana B – B Studio will be on hand to do make-up and hair demonstrations.
- Mark Farmer has constructed mobile dressing rooms for us.
- The ladies of USI’s Gamma Phi Beta will be on hand to help girls find dresses and try them on.
- Don’s Claytons Fine Dry Cleaning has donated two $10 gift cards for cleaning and hangers!
- Cache of Evansville has donated several new dresses, a jeweled handbag, jewelry, spanx and a $25 gift card for giveaway!
- Magic Moments of Evansville has donated 30 brand new dresses and also men’s attire too!
- The community has donated over 300 dresses from vintage to brand new for us to give away.
And, the list keeps growing! We sincerely hope that if you can afford to send your daughter to prom in a nice gown, you will consider visiting the generous businesses who have donated to our little event. None of them asked for anything in return for their kindness.
We also ask that you let any girl who might need a dress know about the Project Princess event on March 23rd at the Browning Room in Central Library from 2-4 PM. They must bring proof of studentship at a local high school to receive a dress!
A big thanks to the folks at Townsquare Media who have allowed me to use the office as storage space for these hundreds of prom dresses and helping us get the word out about the event. We had a budget of exactly $0 and somehow we are going to be able to give lots of girls in the tri-state a beautiful dress for prom.