First Christian Church in Owensboro Still On Fire [PHOTOS]
I did not attend First Christian Church growing up, nor have I ever been inside of it. But, hearing about the fire this morning, my heart was broken for everyone that had. I think we all have churches that have molded us into who we are today and churches that house life-changing moments that we'll never forget. Today, that place for so many, is gone.
The fire inside First Christian, according to the OPD, began shortly after 3:00am. WBKR's Chad Benefield went to scene around 10:00am and the church was still on fire. He took some photos of the church. It's so sad to see these photos and know all of the history and memories that will always remain although the church will not.
When Chad sent me these pictures, this next one made my heart skip a beat. I'm not sure about you, but to me, this picture represents so much. The steeple and cross stand above the smoke. First Christian Church will never be the same, but the history and purpose of such a great place can never be destroyed.