Ghosts and Goblins Invade Moreland Park — Things to do This Weekend
Looking for some interesting things to do this weekend? Check out our list now:
- Ghosts and Goblins in Moreland Park from 10am to 3pm. And, the Trail of Treats is Tuesday night from 6-8:30. Info
- BPA Sponsored Baseball tournament at Panther Creek & Fisher Parks.
- A-maize-ing Maze Quest Fest at Trunnell’s
- Calhoun Harvest Day is Saturday from 10:00-3:30. Highway 81 will be closed in downtown Calhoun from 3rd Street to the river. There will be a detour around Calhoun. There will be alternate routes on Hwy 136 East and West and Hwy 138. 35 vendor booths, live music all day, games and prizes for kids, antique cars, tractors and plenty of food.
- Saturday is Harvest Day for single moms at Owensboro Christian Church from 9am-3pm. All single mothers from Daviess County and surrounding areas will be able to relax and receive many free resources, door prizes and meet others in the community! It’s free and child care is available.
- The Fall Festival at Wing Avenue Baptist Church at 628 Wing Avenue is Saturday from 11am to 3 pm. There will be lots of family fun with games, food and activities. The Police K-9 unit will be putting on a show. There will be a silent auction to raise money for a 2 year old that needs a liver transplant.
- Sunday we are “MAKING STRIDES!” Join us at English Park in downtown Owensboro as we help the American Cancer Society raise money for the fight against breast cancer. Registration at 1, walk at 2. 683-0425.
- Sunday there’s a free event: Pumpkin Carving at Dale Park under the big shelter house. It’s at 2:00 pm CST. Sponsored by the Heritage Hills FFA. Children in kindergarten, First, Second and Third grades are welcome to come and carve. The parents are encouraged to come and stay. Each child will receive his or her own pumpkin and will use pumpkin carving set provided by the FFA. For younger children there will be paint and markers if the parent is not comfortable with the child having the carving set. The children will be able to keep their pumpkin. For parents and children, who come to carve, there will be plenty of snacks, punch and other cold drinks. This event does not have a charge just show up and have a good time with other parents and carve a pumpkin for the holiday.
- “Carmen” is Saturday night at Riverpark. Call 687-2787 for tickets.
- At the International Bluegrass Museum you can hear Common Ground in concert. Refreshments are served at 6:30, music starts at 7PM. Tickets are only 10 dollars and can be purchased at the museum right up to show time. For more information call (270) 926-7891
- From noon today through noon on Sunday the Wesselman Woods Nature Preserve and Nature Center will be closed to the public in preparation for and during the Harvest Festival and Hayrides this Friday and Saturday evening. Access to Wesselman Park picnic shelters, tennis courts and golf course will be prohibited from 3p.m.-11p.m. on October 21 & 22 for this event. Wesselman Park playground and baseball fields near the park entrance off Boeke Rd. will remain open to the public all weekend. Please plan accordingly for these changes.
- Mike Jones ATA Martial Arts is sponsoring Kidz ‘n Power Bullying Prevention session at 2pm Saturday at 1419 Bosley Road. It’s open to parents and kids of all ages. It’s free.
- Kentucky Wesleyan College will host a woodwind and brass chamber music recital on Sunday, October 23, at 2 p.m. in Tapscott Chapel in the Barnard-Jones Administration Building. The performers are Larry Powell, trumpet; Crystal Barrett, oboe and English horn; Kristen Kean, flute; and Diane Earle, pianist. Powell, Barrett and Kean are all principal players with the Owensboro Symphony Orchestra. They will perform music by Copland, Vivaldi, Bach and others. The hour-long program is free and open to the public. The concert is part of the Dr. Paul W. Hagan Chamber Music Series, now in its seventh year.
- “Hamlet” is presented at Owensboro’s Opryhouse this weekend and next. It is not for children under ten, otherwise is family friendly. 7:30 Friday and Saturday amd Sunday at 2.