Holiday World President Matt Eckert Talks About 2018 Park Improvements
Overnight, Holiday World & Splashin' Safari announced plans for improvements and new features that will be available starting May 2018! This morning, Holiday World president Matt Eckert talked with Chad about the new waterslides and child wave pool, Happy Halloween weekends maze and roller coaster improvements. Take a listen!
According to the press release,
Holiday World will invest a total of $3.5 million in new attractions and other improvements for 2018, including:
- Tembo Falls – a water slide complex with eight junior slides, including twisters, a helix, a mini-bowl, and two racing slides
- Tembo Tides – a junior wave pool plus spray features for younger children
- Huge Themed Maze for Happy Halloween Weekends
- All new entertainment, including a stunt show, musical magic show, and strolling brass band
- Track improvements for The Voyage, the world’s second-longest wooden roller coaster
- Riverside Retreats – mini cabanas in Splashin’ Safari
- Electric Car Charging Station
“Tembo Falls and Tembo Tides are designed for children who are under 54 inches tall,” says Eckert, “but their older siblings and parents are welcome to enjoy the slides and wave pool with them.”
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari will open for the season in May. Season Passes for 2018 are currently discounted for holiday gift-giving. On-line applications for seasonal employment will be available in January. For more information, visit HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-463-2645.