Kenergy’s “Beat The Peak” Thursday, June 27th
Kenergy is asking for your help! If you are a Kenergy customer, they are asking you to help “Beat the Peak” Thursday, June 27, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
With the high humidity, they expect to hit a peak for the month of June tomorrow afternoon between 4:30 and 6:30 p.m.
Last year, Kenergy started the Beat the Peak program. It is totally voluntary and last year, members did a great job of helping.
The Beat the Peak pilot program runs the three hottest months – July, August and September – and three coldest months – December, January and February – of the year. Last year the first Beat the Peak alert went out on the last day of June.
This year, Kenergy is bumping up the schedule again a few days due to recent hot, humid weather.
Here are some things they ask members to do to Beat the Peak:
· Grill out or heat a meal in the microwave as opposed to cooking in the oven or on the stove.
– Delay running major appliances, such as dishwashers and clothes dryers.
· Bump up the thermostat two degrees.
· Turn off all TVs, computers and lights when you leave a room.
· Shut the drapes on the sunny side of the house.
· Don’t take a shower between the hours of 4:30 and 6:30 p.m.