Letters Being Accepted For Christmas Wish 2016
The Christmas Wish office will officially open on Monday, November 28th in Towne Square Mall in Owensboro, but the letters are already rolling in. We want to make sure that everyone who needs a jolly little helper this year gets the help needed. If you or someone you know will need the help of CW this season, now is the time to get your letter in.
Here are your three options for submitting your information. You can write a request letter and mail it to:
WBKR Christmas Wish
3301 Frederica Street
Owensboro, Ky 42301
You can also fill out and submit the form below or drop your letter off at the CW office. We are located inside Towne Square Mall in the old Body Central location.
Don’t forget to follow these tips when writing your CW letter:
1. Please include the name, address and phone number(s) of the family in need. We must be able to make contact with the family in order to assist them.
2. If you are submitting on behalf of a Christmas Wish family, please include YOUR name and number as well. Our office staff will need to contact you to verify information.
3. Please include a detailed summary of why the family is in need of Christmas Wish assistance. (This will assist our office staff in establishing need and will also appeal to members of the public who come to our office to “adopt” a family for Christmas)
4. Please include names, ages, and schools of all children in the family. Our Christmas Wish support staff will contact Youth and Family Resource officials at each school to ensure the children are receiving the holiday help they need.
5. Please include a list of items the children want for Christmas. Be specific when requesting toys, etc. For example, if a child loves basketball, let us know that. If a child is obsessed with Dora the Explorer, let us know that as well. Our shoppers do their best to make sure children are getting exactly what they’ve asked Santa for. You can assist us greatly in this effort.
6. The golden rule of Christmas Wish letter writing is to make sure we have enough information. You truly can’t put too many words in the letter. If a family’s need is fully expressed to us, Christmas Wish volunteers can do their very best to fulfill those specific needs.
We apologize but the deadline to submit a request letter for the 2016 Christmas Wish program was December 12th.