Owensboro Chamber of Commerce Members of the Year Honored
The 2014 Owensboro Chamber of Commerce Business Celebration was held last night at Riverpark Center. The dinner, the Chamber's largest annual event, gathers the members together for an evening of networking, celebration, and vision for the future.
Chamber Names Six Businesses as Members of the Year
More than 400 business members, leaders, and guests were present as the Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce recognized six local businesses as the 2014 Business of the Year.
65 individual nominees and 44 companies were eligible for the competition. Drum roll please --- here are the winners:
1. Emerging Business of the Year – Owensboro Parent Magazine
Owensboro Parent is a FREE magazine because of the support of organizations & businesses in our community. The magazine is distributed in Owensboro to many professional offices, child care centers, and businesses who advertise with Owensboro Parent.
Congratulations to all involved with the publication.
Owensboro Parent Staff
- Publisher/Designer: Jason Tanner
- Editor: Ashley Sorce
- Distribution Manager: Steve Morris
- Account Executives: Jeff Sorce, Jodi Tanner, Robert Williams
- Contributors: Lora Wimsatt, Dean Ehrenheim, Leigh Ann Tipton, Jessica Weafer, Matt Weafer, Patty Tanner, Libby Johnson, Beth Holmes, Christina Dalton, Jamie Rafferty, Dr. Brian Gannon, MD., Janet Land
2. Business of the Year 1-10 Employees – Bathrooms in 1 Week
BathroomsIn1Week provides a convenient and affordable way to completely renovate your bathroom, using quality materials and fixtures that you select. In the span of one week, your home will have a luxurious, custom bathroom.
Congratulations to founder Nathan Cravens and Owensboro owner Ben Clark, Jr.
3. Business of the Year 11-50 Employees – Unique Granite and Marble
Unique Granite & Marble specializes in durable, custom countertops for kitchens and baths. They produce their countertops in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility on Olde Henderson Road Owensboro.
4. Business of the Year 51+ Employees – First Security Bank, Inc.
5. Non-Profit of the Year – Wendell Foster’s Campus for Developmental Disabilities
Founded In 1937 by Edith and Wendell Foster, the organization continues the original mission: to provide individualized supports, therapy, and training that empowers individuals with cerebral palsy, mental retardation, and other developmental disabilities to realize their dreams and potential
6. Education and Workforce Development Program of the Year – Western Kentucky University-Owensboro
Western Kentucky University in Owensboro has been educating students for over 40 years. WKU-O has over 40 part-time and full-time faculty teaching over 200 classes at WKU-O each year. Congratulations Gene Tice, Regional Chancellor of WKU Owensboro and all the staff.
But, the awarding didn't stop there. The Chamber also recognized as 2013 Chamber Director of the Year – Tammy Maglinger, Custom Audio Video.
• 2013 CYLO member of the Year – Luke Alexander, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
Owensboro Health’s new CEO Philip Patterson was the featured speaker. The Chmaber also recognized its outgoing chairman Gavin C. Roberts and the 2014 Chairman of the Board Darrell Higginbotham.