We are pleased to announce that the Santa Claus, Indiana, Post Office has selected the 2013 special picture postmark for this Christmas season.
The post office is offering the picture postmark to cancel the postage stamps on holiday mail in December again this year.
Each year, the holiday postmark is designed by a local high school art student as part of an annual contest. This year’s winner is Nolan Brinkman, son of Wayne and Susan Brinkman from Dale, Indiana. Nolan (pictured below) is a 2013 graduate of Heritage Hills High School and attends Purdue University studying business management.
This famous small-town post office is the only one in the world with the Santa Claus name and receives over 400,000 pieces of mail in December. During the rest of the year, only 13,000 pieces of mail are processed each month. This special picture postmark has been offered every Christmas season since 1983.
Lots of family fun is going on this time of year at Santa Claus: Events include a traditional Christmas Dinner with Santa; Santa Claus Land of Lights, a 1.2-mile drive through Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort; Santa Claus Arts & Crafts; Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire and WBKR’s 5K Run, Rudolph, Run.
Postmaster Marian Balbach asks anyone interested in getting the special cancellation on their holiday mail to follow these guidelines:
• Allow at least a 2-inch by 4-inch space in the stamp area for the picture postmark;
• Apply postage to cards or letters before bringing or mailing them to the post office;
• If you wish to mail Christmas cards to the post office, package them—with postage stamps already on them—in a sturdy envelope or box, and mail to: Postmaster, Santa Claus Station, Santa Claus, IN 47579-9998;
• The picture postmark is available on working days between December 1 and 24;
• The picture postmark must be requested by the postal customer;
• To ensure a good postmark imprint, do not enclose large or bulky items in your holiday mail (Ex: reindeer food, snowflakes, glitter, stickers, etc.);
• There is no charge for postmarking; however, there is a limit of 50 picture postmarks (hand cancellations) per person per day.
It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on .
To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you.
To activate your account, please confirm your password.
When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.
*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.
Welcome back to The BKR Bunch
It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wbkr.com using your original account information.