Schools Activity This Week
Let’s find out what is going on in Daviess County Public Schools this week as we check in with a report from Lora Wimsatt.
Wednesday, January 23rd at Burns Elementary School
- Percussion Ensemble Auditions (4th and 5th grades)- 2:30-3:30
Friday, January 24th:
- Bobcat Bash- 7:30 in the gym- This is a school wide assembly focusing on student and staff achievements. Students will be recognized with the Outstanding Attitude Awards.
- 100th Day- School wide learning activities and celebrations will focus on the 100th day of school.
Country Heights Elementary School
CHES is celebrating the 100th Day of School on Friday, Jan. 25. At the morning meeting in the gym at 7:25 a.m., the staff will be dressed to look like they are 100 years old. Mike Duncan, the PE teacher, will lead the staff in geriatric aerobics. Teachers will earn medals based on their use of the 7 Habits. Other activities throughout the day include:
- Students will create a Wall of Leadership stating 100+ ways to show the 7 Habits.
- “100 Reasons We Love Our School” bulletin board will represent why our students love CHES.
- Students will create a poster representing 100 items of their choice.
- The staff will synergize to create a fun 100th day of learning.
- All students will receive a sticker, “I am 100 days smarter.”
Deer Park Elementary School
Wednesday, Jan. 23
Third Grade will attend Charlotte’s Web at 11:00 AM
Academic Team 2:30-3:30
Thursday, Jan. 24
DPES T-shirt Day
Christ Club 2:30-3:15
East View Elementary School
Friday, January 25th – Volunteer Day – We invite all of our wonderful volunteers to come help out. Lunch is FREE for volunteers! Also, we will be offering childcare for our volunteers children (ages 2 and up only). Childcare will be offered from 8 am – 10 am.
Friday, January 25th – RAYS Breakfast – A special breakfast to celebrate our RAYS for the month of January! Breakfast starts at 7 am.
Highland Elementary School
Wednesday: 2nd and 4th grade students will be going to the River Park Center to see Charlotte’s Web.
Thursday: “Strings Attached” – 5th grade students
Friday: “Strings Attached” – 5th grade students … 12:30 Wulfe Brothers!
Tamarack Elementary School
Friday 1/25 – 8:00 am Celebration of Learning – 4th and 5th grade students will be recognized with medals and trophies for their individual performance on last spring’s K-PREP test.
West Louisville Elementary School
Wednesday January 23- Honor Roll Treats for Honor Roll Tigers 12-1PM
Thursday, January 24- 2nd Grade Field Trip to RPC to see Charlotte’s Web 8:30 – 11
Saturday January 26- West Louisville Host Winter Warm-Up Scrimmage Academic Meet 8-2:30
WLES, BES, Calhoun Elementary, and Livermore Elementary Academic Teams compete in a Winter Warm Up Meet at West Louisville.
Whitesville Elementary School
Friday-January 25-Family Movie Night from 6 to 8 p.m. – “THUNDERSTRUCK”
Burns Middle School
Wednesday – January 23 – Multiplicity Day (triplets & beyond) for Spirit Week
Thursday – January 24 – Disney Day for Spirit Week
Friday – January 25 – All Out Blue & Gold Day for Spirit Day
1:15-3:15 – Winter Sports Pep Rally
Daviess County Middle School
Thursday, January 24th – Spirit Day – Afternoon Pep Rally
Friday, January 25th – PAWS (Positive Attitude With Success) Award announced
Teachers nominate students for this award who have a nine weeks GPA of 3.0 or lower but show great effort and attitude in the classroom.
Friday, January 25th – No DT Reward – Candy Bars