Spencer County Tourism is Booming
Spencer County, Indiana, is gearing up for the upcoming peak season with additions and enhancements for their tourism businesses in 2013.
Melissa Brockman, executive director of the Spencer County Visitors Bureau, tells us
“Local tourism continues to grow in Spencer County, improving the visitor experience,” says “With nearly $10 million being invested into county tourism businesses, we’re looking forward to another successful year.”
Tourism investments for 2013 include:
• Four new in-the-dark water slides in a complex called Hyena Falls, a classic teacup ride named Kitty’s Tea Party, and a larger high-dive pool, stage, and seating area to replace the current theater at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari;
• Holiday Guest House and Suites, a lodging facility near Dale to open this summer;
• Five new water slides and 23 additional Rudolph’s Christmas Cabins at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort (pictured)
• Three additional cottages and a basketball court at Santa’s Cottages.
• A new bedding program that includes pillows, blankets, scarves, and skirts at Comfort Inn & Suites in Rockport.
• Newly restored original Santa Claus Post Office for visitors to write letters, as part of the Santa Claus Museum & Village.
• Upgraded trails, fencing, and additional horses at Santa’s Stables.
The Visitors Bureau encourages guests to stay overnight and visit county attractions, shops, and restaurants.
For more information about Spencer County as a year-round destination, call (888) 444-9252 or visit.