Here’s a delicious What’s Cookin’? recipe from Melissa Webb and Tabatha Carman, from the UK Cooperative Extension Office. Everyone loves a good macaroni and cheese recipe. Well, this one packs a big surprise. Check it out!
MAC & CHEESE SURPRISE
1 large summer squash, chopped
1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a covered vegetable steamer or saucepan with boiling water, steam squash for 7 minutes or until tender. Drain and place squash in blender or food processor. Purée until smooth and set aside.
2. Cook macaroni according to package instructions and drain.
3. In a large saucepan over medium high heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk nonstop for 1 minute. Gradually add milk and stir until bubbly.
4. Add squash purée to the milk mixture and stir until combined. Add cream cheese, 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and salt. Stir until cheese is melted.
5. Pour sauce over macaroni and stir until coated. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top and serve.
It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on .
To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you.
To activate your account, please confirm your password.
When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.
*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.
Welcome back to The BKR Bunch
It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wbkr.com using your original account information.