You Might Be a Lynyrd Skynyrd Fan If You…
Being a fan of certain kinds of music has a way of infiltrating a person’s entire being, which can undoubtedly have an influence on their lifestyle, fashion and overall personal taste. This theory goes double in regards to a legendary southern rock band like Lynyrd Skynyrd.
That’s because not only does this band’s music have such longevity that it is nearly impossible to imagine the world without songs like “Tuesday’s Gone,” “Simple Man” and “Freebird,” but they have somehow managed to keep the Lynyrd Skynyrd brand alive in the face of devastating adversity.
So, in the spirit of Lynyrd Skynyrd and as tribute to their contribution to the sonic American landscape, we have established 10 ways for the average person to know, without a doubt, if they are a Skynyrd fan or not.
You might be a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan…
- If you prefer light beer over craft brews.
- If you have ever worn a sleeveless flannel shirt.
- If you think the Confederate Flag looks pretty cool.
- If you spell whisky with an E [whiskey].
- If you have been known to yell out “Freebird” at every concert you’ve ever been to – even at the Taylor Swift show with your kids.
- If you’ve ever been thrown out of a bar for getting too rowdy.
- If you can correctly spell Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- If anytime someone mentions Alabama or Neil Young you start singing Sweet Home Alabama.
- If you simply refer to the band as Skynyrd.
Townsquare Media is proud to present Lynyrd Skynyrd live at the Ford Center with special guest Eric Paslay on August 1st 2013 – brought to you by sponsors: Dale’s Harley Davidson and Bobby Wilson Furniture! This is an amazing opportunity to see one of modern music’s most influential bands.
Tickets are on sale for Lynyrd Skynyrd with special guest Eric Paslay at the Ford Center in Evansville, IN. General tickets will be available at ticketmaster.com and at the Ford Center ticket office. Tickets are $43.50, $46.50 and $53.00 plus applicable service charges.
About Lynyrd Skynyrd