95th Annual West Side Nut Club Fall Festival Amateur Hour Audition Information
Have a talented kiddo? Enter them today to audition for the Fall Fest Amateur Hour!
The West Side Nut Club Fall Festival Amateur Hour is a nightly event which represents a variety of talented young people from the Tri-State area. Over 100 acts are judged several weeks prior to the Festival at Mater Dei High School, and are narrowed down to top scored acts to compete at the festival. If you would like to participate in the Amateur Hour, please view the requirements.
95th ANNUAL WEST SIDE NUT CLUB FALL FESTIVAL AMATEUR HOUR
2016 Amateur Hour Tryouts
August 24th and 25th at 5:30 PM
Mater Dei High School Auditorium
1300 Harmony Way
Evansville, In 47712
Prize Money and Trophies will be awarded to Finalists in Each Division
Junior Division - Pre-school through Fifth Grade
Middle School Division - Sixth through Eighth Grade
Senior Division - Ninth through Twelfth Grade
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR CONTESTANTS
1. JUNIOR DIVISION - Pre-School thru Fifth Grade.
2. MIDDLE SCHOOL DIVISION - Sixth Grade thru Eighth Grade.
3. SENIOR DIVISION - Ninth Grade thru Twelfth Grade.
4. COLLEGE DIVISION - Thru Age 24 (Vocal Acts Only)
Contact John Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested by August 22nd.
4.Five College Division acts will be chosen at tryouts to perform on Friday Night only.
5.A Soloist’s Division is determined by their grade level. You cannot move to a lower or
6. A Group’s Division is determined by the grade level of the oldest contestant. For
example, a Junior Division contestant enters with a group and one or more contestants
are Middle School Division, the group will be entered in Middle School Division. If
a Junior or Middle School Division contestant enters with a Senior Division
contestant, they will be entered in the Senior Division.
7. A contestant may only enter twice: once as a single and once as a group member.
8. Contestants cannot enter as a duplication. (No more than one tryout per act)
9. All contestants must furnish live or recorded accompaniment. Recorded
accompaniment must not have background vocals. Recorded accompaniment should be at the beginning of a standard CD labeled with their name. West Side Nut Club is not responsible for recordings left behind.
10. Contestants must not have contracted or received a salary or pay for performing their talents prior to the tryouts and Festival.
11. A contribution to the child, parent, or school for costuming, training, or to a
designated charity will not disqualify the contestant.
12. Contestants may be from out of the County or State.
13.Any type of talent (OF MORAL NATURE) is acceptable.
14. If selected in both acts, they will perform on different nights at the Festival.
15.Acts must perform in the same costume and with the same group members at the
Festival as they performed at the tryouts.
16. A previous Festival winner in any division cannot participate in that Division again.
17. ANY CONTESTANT VIOLATING THE ABOVE RULES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. ANY OTHER RULES WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE CHAIRMAN one (1) week before the Festival begins.