Ten Things You Must Know to Qualify for the Great Cheetah Chase Race
Qualifying for The Great Cheetah Chase Race begins on Tuesday, June 1st on 92.5 WBKR, 99.5 WKDQ and MY 105.3 WJLT. The Great Cheetah Chase is set for Saturday, June 19th, when 64 teams will compete in an NCAA-inspired tournament bracket. Our qualifying teams will race each other on Cheetah Chase, the world's first launched water coaster, until one team is left standing. We've teamed up with Owensboro RV, Mountain Dew and Holiday World & Splashin' Safari for an absolutely epic prize. The winning team will be awarded a brand new camper, three season passes to Holiday World and a year's supply of Mountain Dew.
Now, as qualifications get underway, there are some important things you MUST know before trying to get qualified. Cheetah Chase is a thrilling attraction and, consequently, requires strict rider restrictions to be set in place.
So, as you gear up and get ready for the chance to get qualified Tuesday morning, here they are:
10 THINGS YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT THE GREAT CHEETAH CHASE RACE
1) You MUST be at Holiday World and checked into the official Great Cheetah Chase registration by 9:30am CST on Saturday, June 19th, 2021. The three tickets won by qualifying are good ONLY for the day of the grand prize giveaway. And, yes! You can stay and enjoy the rest of the park at the conclusion of the event.
2) Cheetah Chase Race teams must consist of THREE people (the person who qualified on-air, plus two additional people). Qualifiers MUST present photo ID at registration and sign the required hold harmless waiver. Your additional riders must sign as well or, if you are their parent or guardian, you will sign on behalf of them.
3) The team you arrive with will be the team you compete with. NO SUBSTITUTIONS are allowed at any time during the grand prize event.
4) MAXIMUM WEIGHT allowed inside each boat is 525 pounds. The MINIMUM WEIGHT for each boat is 225 pounds. NO individual rider may weigh more than 340 pounds. WEIGHT REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITS ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED AND TEAMS NOT ADHERING WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Also- the heaviest rider MUST sit in the back seat, the 2nd heaviest rider in the middle seat and the lightest rider will sit in the front seat.
**In the unforeseen event that there are mechanical issues with Cheetah Chase, teams may be reduced from three people to two people. This will be at the discretion of Holiday World and Townsquare Media.**
5) All QUALIFIERS must be 21-years-old or older, however additional team members can be younger. Families are encouraged to compete together. However, team members for the grand prize event MUST be old and tall enough to clear the Cheetah Chase height requirement (42 INCHES w/ ADULT)
6) All competitors must have the ability to sit upright in the boat and maintain control of upper torso, head, and neck. Physical and cognitive ability is required to maintain the riding position.
7) Guests must be able to exit the boat with or without assistance.
8) All competitors and team members MUST have sufficient arm remnants to grasp both handles on the boat, along with sufficient leg remnants to maintain the riding position. Arms and feet MUST be kept inside the boat at all times. Teams not adhering to this safety measure will be disqualified.
9) There are enforced ride restrictions for the following medical conditions: high blood pressure, existing back/neck issues, recent surgery or illness, pregnancy, motion sickness, heart conditions, fear of heights, and sensitivity to strobe lights.
10) Team t-shirts/jerseys/costumes are strongly encouraged! The Great Cheetah Chase Race is going to feel like the Olympics! Come to play, race and win.
*For additional rules and details, including information about weather delays/cancellations, etc. visit WBKR.com, WKDQ.com or MY1053WJLT.com
Now, you're all set! Get ready to qualify for The Great Cheetah Chase. It's survival of the fastest!