Audubon Area Seeking Community Help With Needs Survey
Audubon Area needs help from the community and that means you. We've got the details on exactly what they need.
AUDUBON AREA COMMUNITY SERVICES TAKING CARE OF OTHERS
AACS is a wonderful resource here in the Green River Area of Kentucky. They offer a variety of services to the community.
Our agency's goal is to seek out, identify and work toward mitigating causes of poverty within the community; to make the community more responsive to the needs and interests of the low-income by mobilizing available resources and instilling a greater institutional sense, and to develop a system of priorities among projects as needed for the most effective and efficient use of resources for services to low-income people.
HELP ANSWER THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
Audubon Area spends a tremendous amount of time making sure they are up to date on the needs of communities in our region. They are asking people to take a survey to help them answer key questions. This will assist in helping people, meeting the community's needs, and providing hope. All information will be kept confidential and your name is not required on the questionnaire.
I actually took the survey last night so I could describe it to each of you. It only took me about 10 minutes. Here are a few examples of the questions that were asked;
1. What is your role in the community? (Please select the best choice which fits your role when completing this survey.)
- Community Action Client/Low-Income Resident
- Faith-Based Organization Representative (Church/Faith-Based groups, clubs, councils, associations, etc.)
- Private Sector Representative/Community Member (for profit, small business, private citizen, etc.)
- Community Organization/Partner (local service provider and non-profits)
- Educational Institution Faculty/Staff (local adult eds, schools, colleges, and universities)
- Health Care Agencies (clinics, health departments, etc.)
- Board Member of Community Action Agency
- Staff or Volunteer of Community Action Agency
- Local Politician/Government/Public Sector Representative (non-profit, government regulated, funding sources, etc.)
There are some very short questions to get a general idea of who you represent in the community including gender, race, age, and education.
9. EDUCATION - Mark the three most important needs.
- More parents involved in student's education
- Preschool activities for child(ren) to develop school readiness skills
- More accessible counseling to prepare students for tech or college
- More certificate/degree programs offered locally
- Affordable transportation options to and from school
- Affordable high quality childcare options for parents who would like to further their education
- Increasing the community's knowledge of available and affordable education resources
This survey allows you to give your input on a variety of areas of importance.