Things to Do with Kids in Evansville and Owensboro When It’s Cold Outside
Looking for places to take the kids for a bit of fun in Owensboro and Evansville that doesn't consist of spending too much time in these frigid temperatures? Here are a few places you could check out!
- The Next Level- An indoor sports/recreational facility on Carlton drive right in the middle of town. It has 23,000 square feet to offer, the indoor space can be utilized in many ways such as; softball, baseball, football, soccer, inline hockey, volleyball, and cheerleading. A perfect place to go for some indoor sporting!
- Edge Ice Park- If you have good balance and want a traditional winter-time activity, head over the The Edge! It’s the only municipal ice rink in the Bluegrass. It’s open year round, and offers public skating, lessons, skate rentals and blade sharpening. They also host birthday parties and private rentals are available.
- Owensboro Museum of Science and History- If you’re a little less sporty, maybe check out the Owensboro Science and History museum. They have a whole area for kids to explore, learn, and have fun in. The museum features many educational and fascinating exhibits sure to capture anyone’s curiosity and attention, no matter what age!
- Koch planetarium- It’s too cold to star gaze under the actual sky, but step foot into Koch Planetarium in Evansville and it’ll be a journey out of this world. Not only is housed indoors away from the cold, but its sure to captivate everyone in the family. It’s a magical sort of experience seeing galaxies that look close enough to reach out and grab. It may even inspire your kids for years to come!
- The Inflatable fun Factory- if you have younger kids, or are a kid at heart, give this place a try! It’s an indoor facility full of bounce houses! They have a whole bounce arena for the kids and a full concession stand. Children’s tickets are $8.00 and adults get in free!
- Children’s Museum of Evansville- Located in historical downtown; The Koch Family Children’s offers 18,000 square feet of exhibits and galleries, once home to the public library. They have hands on galleries exhibits, some favorites include areas such as the 5th street theater, the Wet Dock, climbing Moe, the two-story duck, playing the laser harp, and talking to the interactive Mark Twain bust.
- Kidabaloo - #KidabalooEVV is a fun-filled day offering children and parents the opportunity to take a break from the mundane, gloomy winter weather. Special guest is Calum Worthy, “Dez” from the Disney Channel popular show Austin and Ally will sign autographs and take photos! VIP Meet and Greet at Noon – $25 ticket per person at a private location. Public Meet and Greet at 1:00 pm. Check out 12 inflatables, a mechanical bull, Disney Princesses, a toddler area, crafts, games and more, await you at this years Kidabaloo! Buy your tickets online or at the door. VIP tickets to our guest from the Disney Channel are limited.