The Gauntlet: The Official Rules for WBKR’s New Trivia Contest
Here at WBKR, we are launching a brand new contest that is going to put your country music knowledge to the test. The contest is called THE GAUNTLET! It's a series of ten nerve-racking country music questions and the person who is able to answer all ten of them in a row is going to win. Can YOU run The Gauntlet?? Here's how to play!
THE GAUNTLET: Official Contest Rules
When to play: Weekdays, Monday, February 19th through determination of a winner.. To have a chance to "Run the Gauntlet", listen to 92.5 WBKR for our GAUNTLET cue-to-call. The person who is Caller #9 each time will get the opportunity to play the game. There will be THREE chances to play THE GAUNTLET each weekday: once during The Morning Drive with Chad & Angel, once during The Barb Midday Show and once each weekday during The Drive Home with Dave Spencer.
How to play: THE GAUNTLET consists of ten country music trivia questions and the winner of the contest will be the WBKR listener who correctly answers all ten questions, in succession, on the air. Each time the game is played, contestants will start at Question #1 in The Gauntlet and will continue playing until an incorrect answer is given. Participants will be given ten seconds to answer each question. If the answer is correct, players will proceed along the GAUNTLET to the next question. If an answer is incorrect, the listener will be thanked for playing and encouraged to try again later. If an answer is not given within ten seconds of each question asked, a buzzer will sound and the listener will fail to advance in THE GAUNTLET.
Grand Prize Determination: As stated above, the grand prize winner will be the first WBKR listener who can answer all ten questions in succession on air (the person who successfully "runs" THE GAUNTLET). The grand prize for the contest is 4 tickets to WBKR Night at the Opry, a backstage tour of the Opry and the chance to accompany WBKR's Barb Birgy in the wings of the stage when the curtain rises for the show. WBKR Night at the Opry is Saturday, March 3rd at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, Tennessee.
WBKR's General Contest Rules
- Winner must comply with all of the rules of the Contest, including, but not limited to, any restrictions on age and/or residency, and have not committed any fraud or deception in entering the Contest or claiming the Prize.
- The winner must affirm and represent that he/she is not an employee or agent of the Station or any sponsor of the Contest and is not a member of the same household of any such employee or agent.
- In consideration of the receipt of the Prize, the winner agrees to be solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or other fees, including, but not limited to, any federal state or local income taxes, that are or may become payable as a result of participating in the Contest and/or receipt of the Prize.
- The winner agrees to allow the Station and/or its designees the right to use winner’s name, likeness, portrait, recorded voice and/or biographical material for an unlimited period of time in order to advertise, promote or publicize the Station and/or the products and services of any of its designees.
- The Station is not the manufacturer or distributor of the Prize. With respect to any claims that the winner may now have, or that he/she may subsequently acquire as a result of the possession and/or use of the Prize, the winner acknowledges and agrees that he/she shall look solely to others in the chain of production and distribution of the Prize to the exclusion of the Station and any sponsors of the Contest.
- The station makes no warranties of any kind with respect to the prize, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Station hereby expressly disclaims any and all such warranties.
- The winner expressly releases the station, and any sponsors of the contest, and their respective officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees, from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that he/she may have, or may subsequently acquire, as a result of participating in the contest and/or receipt of the prize.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in or win WBKR-FM contests. Contests are void where prohibited by law.
- Employees of Townsquare Media, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, vendors and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- The station is not responsible for telephone system or internet failure, or other inability of entrants to enter due to technical malfunction. This station is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail or for printing errors. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
- Listeners are only eligible to win every 30 days.
- All federal, state and local taxes apply and are the sole responsibility of the winner.