Christmas Wish Letters Now Being Accepted for 2018 Season
Here at WBKR, we are getting ready for a new season of Christmas Wish. As a matter of fact, we are now accepting Christmas Wish letters. Here's how to submit yours.
There are three ways to submit your Christmas Wish letter (for your family or another family in need) You can write a request letter and mail it to:
WBKR Christmas Wish
3301 Frederica Street
Owensboro, Ky 42301
#2- You can also drop your letter off at the Christmas Wish office. We will once again be located inside Towne Square Mall in the old Body Central location. PLEASE NOTE: The Christmas Wish office will not officially open to the public until Monday, December 3rd.
#3- The quickest, most convenient way to submit a Christmas Wish letter is by using the online form below.
Here are some helpful tips and guidelines to follow . . .
1. Please include the name, address and phone number(s) of the family in need. We must be able to make contact with the family in order to assist them.
2. If you are submitting on behalf of a Christmas Wish family, please include YOUR name and number as well. Our office staff will need to contact you to verify information.
3. Please include a DETAILED summary of why the family is in need of Christmas Wish assistance. (This will assist our office staff in establishing need and will also appeal to members of the public who come to our office to “adopt” a family for Christmas)
4. Please include names, ages, and schools of all children in the family. Our Christmas Wish support staff will contact Youth and Family Resource officials at each school to ensure the children are receiving the holiday help they need.
5. Please include a list of items the children want for Christmas. Be specific when requesting toys, etc. For example, if a child loves basketball, let us know that. If a child is obsessed with Dora the Explorer, let us know that as well. Our shoppers do their best to make sure children are getting exactly what they’ve asked Santa for. You can assist us greatly in this effort.
6. The golden rule of Christmas Wish letter writing is to make sure we have enough information. You truly can’t put too many words in the letter. If a family’s need is fully expressed to us, Christmas Wish volunteers can do their very best to fulfill those specific needs.
If you have any additional questions please email - ChristmasWish@WBKR.com