Kentucky Library Hosting Fun Art Contest for Teens & We’ve Got Details
Do you know a teen that has talent and creativity in art? The Daviess County Public Library is hosting a super fun contest in the month of March and they need ART!
MISSION OF DCPL
The Daviess County Public Library provides residents the means to pursue lifelong learning; to meet their recreational reading interests; to find, evaluate and use information in a variety of formats; to get answers to their questions; and to better understand their personal and community heritage.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Any teen can participate in the contest for teens from the ages of 13-18 years old.
Here's what DCPL had on their Facebook;
Calling all teen artists: Submit your best work for our teen art contest!
Artwork will be displayed at the library during the month of March.Artwork can be dropped off at the library between March 1 and March 25.First, second, and third-place winners will be chosen in both middle and high school age categories. Winning artists will receive Amazon gift cards ($50 for first place, $25 for second place, and $15 for third place). Winners will be announced at our artists' reception on March 31st.
*Contest is open to teens ages 13-18 who live in or attend school in Daviess County.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE CONTEST
SPRING BOOK SALE
DCPL is also hosting a Spring Book Sale happening now through Saturday, March 19. Here are the details;
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A FRIEND OF THE LIBRARY?
Why be a Friend?
If you are grateful for your public library and would like to promote the involvement of the local citizens in its activities, we need you. The amount of volunteer time is up to you.
- Preview admission to the annual book sale
- Coupon for a free book from Book End
What Do We Do?
- Maintain an association of people interested in libraries
- Focus public attention on the library
- Stimulate the use of the library’s resources and services
- Encourage gifts, endowments, and bequests to the library
- Support and cooperate with the library in developing library services in the community
- Lend legislative support where needed
- Support the freedom to read as expressed in the ALA Bill of Rights
How Can I Join?
If you are interested in becoming a Friend of the library, please ask for more information at any Information desk.
- Book End – ongoing book sale in the Library
- Annual Sale – held in October
Meet 12-Year-Old Art Prodigy From Kentucky
Kentucky Woman's Hand-Painted House Portraits Are A True Work of Art