Kitchen Catastrophe – What to Do if Your Air Fryer is on This 2023 Recall List
Air fryers have certainly changed the way we cook. Who knew that fried chicken and french fries could taste so good without the added grease? Unfortunately, you might need to stop using your air fryer if it is included in the latest recall.
Voluntary Recall COSORI Air Fryers
Cosori air fryers can be found at Walmart, Target, Kohl's, and pretty much any retailer that sells small appliances. So, there is a good chance that you have this brand or know someone that does.
Find Air Fryer Cleaning Tips Below
After a thorough investigation, we determined that in extremely rare circumstances, the closed-end crimp connectors within the recalled air fryers – which are responsible for establishing electrical connections between certain wires – can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards. The health and safety of COSORI users is our highest priority; we are recalling certain air fryers out of an abundance of caution. COSORI customers with a recalled air fryer will be offered a replacement product. If your product is affected by the recall, please stop using the appliance immediately.
Find the Model Number
Manufacturing Batch Number
If your air fryer is on this list, find the information you need for a replacement at https://www.recall.cosori.com/
Don't Forget to Clean Your Air Fryer Regularly
- This should seem obvious, but never try to clean the air fryer while it's still hot. Go ahead and unplug it, too.
- Some air fryers have a tray or basket. You’ll want to remove that from the air fryer.
- I have found that using the Dawn Power Wash works really well for the cooking basket or tray. I have also had good results from Magic Erasers.
- The thinner Magic Erasers work pretty well for the inside of the air fryer. I like to go over it with a damp cloth or soft sponge.
- I like to clean mine at night and let everything air dry overnight.
- Some air fryers have removable parts that are dishwasher-safe. Personally, my dishwasher seems to make things dirtier, but this could certainly work for you.
- Don’t forget about the outside of your air fryer. You can wipe it down with a damp cloth or paper towel.
Get our free mobile app
LOOK: The 10 largest product recalls of the last decade
Estey & Bomberger, LLP compiled a list of the top 10 product recalls since 2007, ranked based on the number of product units recalled in the U.S.