ESCAPE: The Official Rules for WBKR’s Exciting New Contest [Video]
Here at WBKR, we are teaming up with Escape Today in Owensboro for a brand new contest. It's called ESCAPE! And, on Saturday, September 30th, we're locking five WBKR listeners in a room and giving them sixty minutes to get out. If they do, each person on the team is going to win a 3-day, 2-night stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Panama City Beach, Florida. Wanna know how you can get qualified to win? Check out the official rules for the contest!
ESCAPE: Official Contest Rules
presented by Escape Today Owensboro and The Country Station, 92.5 WBKR
Qualification period: Weekdays, Tuesday, Sept 12th through Thursday, Sept 28th. To get qualified, listen to 92.5 WBKR for our ESCAPE cue-to-call. The person who is Caller #9 each time will win a gift card to Escape Today and be qualified for a chance to compete in our grand prize event on Saturday, Sept 30th at Escape Today in Owensboro. WBKR will qualify a total of 78 listeners for grand prize consideration. There will be THREE chances to qualify each weekday during The Morning Drive with Chad & Angel, ONE chance daily during The Barb Midday Show and TWO chances each weekday during The Drive Home with Dave Spencer.
Qualifier Lottery/Grand Prize Participant Selection: On Friday, September 29th, WBKR will have a lottery-style drawing in which the names of five ESCAPE qualifiers will be pulled randomly and announced on-air and via social media. Those five people will get the opportunity to compete for the grand prize on Saturday, September 30th at Escape Today (where qualifiers MUST be present to win).
Grand Prize Giveaway: On Saturday, Sept 30th, chosen finalists will assemble at Escape Today in Owensboro. The five qualifiers will be locked inside a specially-designed “escape room” and must work together to find their way out. The team will have 60 minutes to do so. If the five qualifiers can work together and escape the room in the time allotted, each member of the team will win his/her own 3-day, 2-night stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Panama City Beach, Florida. However, if the team fails to “escape” the room in the time allowed, a random drawing will be held and only one member of the five-person team will be awarded a trip.
Social Media: Portions of the Escape finale will be broadcast on 92.5 WBKR. The full “escape” finale will be broadcast via Facebook Live on the WBKR Facebook page. Competing contestants WILL be able to utilize help from social media and WBKR will have one to two representatives in the escape room to manage social media interactions and assist the team in the relaying of information deemed helpful or necessary. And determination of that is the sole discretion of staff.
- Winner must comply with all of the rules of the Contest, including, but not limited to, any restrictions on age and/or residency, and have not committed any fraud or deception in entering the Contest or claiming the Prize.
- The winner must affirm and represent that he/she is not an employee or agent of the Station or any sponsor of the Contest and is not a member of the same household of any such employee or agent.
- In consideration of the receipt of the Prize, the winner agrees to be solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or other fees, including, but not limited to, any federal state or local income taxes, that are or may become payable as a result of participating in the Contest and/or receipt of the Prize.
- The winner agrees to allow the Station and/or its designees the right to use winner’s name, likeness, portrait, recorded voice and/or biographical material for an unlimited period of time in order to advertise, promote or publicize the Station and/or the products and services of any of its designees.
- The Station is not the manufacturer or distributor of the Prize. With respect to any claims that the winner may now have, or that he/she may subsequently acquire as a result of the possession and/or use of the Prize, the winner acknowledges and agrees that he/she shall look solely to others in the chain of production and distribution of the Prize to the exclusion of the Station and any sponsors of the Contest.
- The station makes no warranties of any kind with respect to the prize, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Station hereby expressly disclaims any and all such warranties.
- The winner expressly releases the station, and any sponsors of the contest, and their respective officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees, from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that he/she may have, or may subsequently acquire, as a result of participating in the contest and/or receipt of the prize.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in or win WBKR-FM contests. Contests are void where prohibited by law.
- Employees of Townsquare Media, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, vendors and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- The station is not responsible for telephone system or internet failure, or other inability of entrants to enter due to technical malfunction. This station is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail or for printing errors. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
- Listeners are only eligible to win every 30 days.
- All federal, state and local taxes apply and are the sole responsibility of the winner.