Here’s How to Schedule Your 2024 PTO Days to Get the Most Out of Them in Kentucky & Indiana
If you're like me, you want to take advantage of every paid day off you have available to you. I love my job, but I cherish my free time for hobbies, relaxing, traveling, and spending time with family and friends. Plus, studies show we are all most productive and satisfied in the workplace when we aren't tired and burnout.
I started at WBKR last May which meant I hadn't accrued all of my possible days off yet, so when it came time for me to take vacation, Chad helped me decide what dates to choose so I could make them last and still feel like I got a nice amount of time off.
2024 Federal Holiday Calendar
I realize I am a little late to the party here with us already halfway through January, but it will be good to keep in mind for next year! Scheduling your time off to coordinate with holidays when your place of business is closed and weekends will maximize the number of days you can enjoy off at a time. This past year, I took the last week of the year off and honestly will probably do that again this year. With Christmas and New Year's Day falling on Wednesdays in 2024, you can use 8 PTO days and end up with a total of 14 days off.
- - Monday, Jan. 1
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - Monday, Jan. 15
- Washington's Birthday / Presidents Day - Monday, Feb. 19
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 27
- - Wednesday, June 19
- Independence Day - Thursday, July 4
- Labor Day - Monday, Sept. 2
- Columbus Day / Indigenous People's Day - Monday, Oct. 14
- Veterans Day - Monday, Nov. 11
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, Nov. 28
- Christmas Day - Wednesday, Dec. 25
I hope this helps you make the most of your days off this year! You work hard and deserve every bit of time to relax and spend time with loved ones.