This Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe Makes Kentucky Proud and Tasty
Jim Gilles, from Hill View Farms Meats in Owensboro, joined the WBKR morning show this week for a special breakfast edition of "What's Cookin'?" Hill View Farms features locally raised beef, pork and chicken and this particular recipe is a showcase for their sausage. There's no doubt it's the star of the show here in a recipe that's quick, easy and delicious.
This casserole is a Gilles tradition. Jim says it's a staple for his family on Christmas morning. In his words, "No one wants to get up and spend a lot of time in the kitchen making breakfast." With this recipe, you can whip up a hearty holiday breakfast for the family, but not spend a bunch of time doing it.
Here's how to make it!
Easy Breakfast Casserole
2 cans Crescent Rolls or Sheets
1 pound of Hill View Farms Breakfast Sausage. Cooked and drained.
2 Cups grated or shredded cheddar cheese.
5 Eggs Beaten
1. Brown and drain sausage.
2. Open 1 can of crescent rolls and roll out into a greased 9"x13" pan. Press to form into bottom of pan.
3. Bake 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
4. Take out and add layers. Cooked sausage, beaten eggs and shredded cheese.
5. Top with other can of crescent rolls. Being careful to try to get entire sheet over the sausage, egg and cheese layer.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. If egg is not done in center of dish, cover with foil and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until egg has cooked through.
7. Cut into squares and serve.