Owensboro City Parks Closing Playgrounds, Shelters, Restrooms and More
Just a day after Owensboro Parks & Recreation announced that sections of our city park properties were being temporarily closed due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, officials are announcing even more stringent closures.
According to a release from Owensboro Parks and Recreation Director Amanda Rogers, the department is committed to minimizing "opportunities for the transmission and spread of COVID-19."
Park areas affected by today's announcement:
- Basketball Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Soccer Fields
- Baseball/Softball Fields
- Tennis Courts
- Travis Aubrey Skate Park
- Legion Street Soccer Court
- Water Fountains
- Park Restrooms
However, officials want to mention that outdoor park greenspace and walking trails are effectively all that remain open.
However, there is an important stipulation to keep in mind. According to Amanda Rogers, "We ask everyone who uses those spaces to follow CDC guidelines." Those guidelines are as follows . . .
- Do not use parks or trails including the Adkisson Greenbelt Park if you are sick or exhibiting symptoms,
- Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6’ between persons,
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting,
- And, no more than 10 people in any area at one time,