Jac’s Top Five Vintage Wish List for Summer of 2014
So, I’ve picked up a new hobby. Although I’ve never been accused of being an “old soul,” certain vintage things are appealing to me. While visiting some friends at Consignment Connection the other day I came across an old Loretta Lynn record.
PS – She is gorgeous.
PPS - She DID NOT have on a 1990 prom dress!
My discovery of this little treasure has sparked a new found interest… Vinyl records. I love going to garage sales, antique stores, thrift stores and I love the thought of giving something old, new life and music isn’t something that should sit on a shelf. So, I decided to start collecting vintage vinyl records.
Here is my top 5 wish list for the summer of 2014.
1. Anything and everything Waylon… “I’m a Ramblin’ Man” is one of my top five songs. The guitar lick is reeedonkulous. To hear that through an old album would be awesome!
2. Patsy Cline for those super sad moments of my life that only Patsy can wallow in with me.
3. Otis Redding – To hear “These Arms of Mine” on vinyl would be a dream come true.
4. Anything Patty Loveless, Trisha Yearwood and/or Reba circa 1990-1999. Pure female vocalist – sign me up!
5. Oh, and I’m also going to need a record player to play these bad boys on!
If you see any of these records out and about, gimme a shout on the WBKR Facebook page!