Submit Your Christmas Wish Letter Now
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . . everywhere you go. And you know what that means. It’s time for Christmas Wish! In fact, this marks the 37th annual WBKR/WOMI Telecom Pioneers Christmas Wish program and we are again making sure that every child in the tri-state gets a letter from Santa. We are now accepting Christmas Wish letters and we’ve included some handy tips to guide you along in the process.
There are THREE ways to submit your Christmas Wish letter. You can MAIL one to us. The official address is . . .
3301 Frederica Street
Owensboro, KY 42301
Starting Monday, December 2nd, you can turn one into us at our Christmas Wish office and satellite studio. We’re located inside Towne Square Mall in what used to be Dawahares. The best way to find us is drive around to the back main entrance of the mall. You’ll find us inside on the left.
Perhaps the easiest way to submit a letter is to do so ONLINE. But, please. No matter which way you choose to submit a letter, please follow these guidelines . . .
Tips for Christmas Wish Letters
1. Please include the name, address and phone number(s) of the family in need. We must be able to make contact with the family in order to assist them.
2. If you are submitting on behalf of a Christmas Wish family, please include YOUR name and number as well. Our office staff will need to contact you to verify information.
3. Please include a detailed summary of why the family is in need of Christmas Wish assistance. (This will assist our office staff in establishing need and will also appeal to members of the public who come to our office to “adopt” a family for Christmas)
4. Please include names, ages and schools of all children in family. Our Christmas Wish support staff will contact Youth and Family Resource officials at each school to ensure the children are receiving the holiday help they need.
5. Please include detailed sizes for all children in the letter. We need shirt, pant, shoe, coat, and even underwear sizes. Many families have children that desperately need clothing and we want our Christmas Wish shoppers to have as much accurate information possible for the children we are outfitting.
6. Please include a list of items the children want for Christmas. Be specific when requesting toys, etc. For example, if a child loves basketball, let us know that. If a child is obsessed with Dora the Explorer, let us know that as well. Our shoppers do their best to make sure children are getting exactly what they’ve asked Santa for. You can assist us greatly in this effort.
7. The golden rule of Christmas Wish letter writing is make sure we have enough information. You truly can’t put too many words in the letter. If a family’s need is fully expressed to us, Christmas Wish volunteers can do their very best to fulfill those specific needs.
To submit a Christmas Wish letter electronically, you can do so below.