5 Best Day Trips Near Owensboro For Spring Break (PICTURES)
Ah yes, Spring Break is just a few days away and many people in the Tristate will pack up and head to the beach. What about all of us that here and still want something fun to do?
1. The Smiley Ocean Indoor Playground in Indianapolis- close your eyes and picture wall to wall slides, climbing walls, one huge giant ball pit, levers to pick up the balls, and more. It is literally fun for the entire family!
2. Tennessee Safari Park in Nashville-The Drive Through Safari Park, Walk Through Safari, Wild Animal Preserve, Animals Up Close and Personal, Concessions (open seasonally and weather dependent), Gift Shop and a Children’s Petting Safari.
Experience all the above and more at the Tennessee Safari Park! Drive through the 5.5 miles of Safari Roads in your own car and interact and feed animals as you make your way through our park. After your journey return to the Walk Through Zoo, relax and enjoy refreshments at our concessions(open seasonally and weather dependent), children can enjoy our playground area, pet the baby goats in our petting zoo and visit the gift shop. An experience you will never forget, Africa at your back door!
3. Cave City/Mammoth Cave- There is definitely no shortage of what you can do when you arrive at Cave City. Explore caves, see dinosaurs, check out wigwams.
4. Louisville Zoo- This is a favorite of many families. It is such a short drive to experience so many animals and fun things to do in one place. Check out the zoo's newest member.
5. Wilstem Ranch- this day trip is less than a two hour drive and totally worth it! Charlotte, E'lagance the Intern and I went for a visit last summer! We were amazed at all the animals and the up close and personal experience that you got!
While you are in French Lick go and visit Big Splash Adventure Water Park too.