BALLOONS: Not So Kid-Friendly
Seriously?! Balloons harmful really? If you're thinking this sounds absolutely ridiculous I would have said I was with you until I recently read an article sent to me by my friend Ashley.
Apparently, balloons cause more choking deaths in children than any other non-food product. What happens is the balloon (latex) if swallowed whether small pieces or whole can get caught in a child's airway and is just too lightweight to find its way down the windpipe. So basically, the child suffocates and the parent can do nothing to help.
How terrifying as a parent to be helpless while your child chokes to death! Take these steps to ensure the safety of your child!