Here’s How to See the Savannah Bananas in Kentucky in 2024
Have y'all heard of the Savannah Bananas? Surely they have made their way to your social media feeds by now. I know they are all over my Tiktok, but that's probably because I watch their videos all the time. They are so much fun, I am a little obsessed to be honest!
Who Are the Savannah Bananas?
They are a baseball team but they don't play regular old baseball. It's a fun and action-packed version that changes up the rules for crowd participation. That's right! If a fan catches a foul ball, that's an out. There is also a two-hour time limit, no bunting, no walks, and lots of booty shaking. Yeah, the mascot isn't the only one who gets to dance during the game. The players and officials get down with their bad selves and encourage all spectators to join them. So it's one heck of a party! It's Banana Ball!
What is Banana Ball?
According to the Savannah Bananas website, "Banana Ball has become the fastest and most entertaining game in sports. With its fast-paced rules and emphasis on continuous play, Banana Ball strips away the often criticized lulls and lengthy pauses typical of traditional baseball, delivering a high-octane and entertainment-packed game that keeps both players and fans on their toes."
Savannah Banana Fun Facts
- The dance team is called the Banana Nanas, and is made up of some fabulous senior citizens.
-Team member Dakota “Stilts” Albritton holds the title of the World’s Tallest Hitter and Pitcher at 10 feet tall.
- The Savannah Bananas are known for their choreographed dances to all kinds of music,
Savannah Bananas 2024 Schedule
The team recently released their schedule for 2024, and they will be coming to Kentucky next August to play their rival, The Party Animals. A special surprise has been added to the end of the tour for all of you cruise lovers out there.
- Feb. 8-10: Tampa Bay, Florida; George M. Steinbrenner Field
- Feb. 15-17: Peoria, Arizona; Peoria Sports Complex
- March 1-3: Jacksonville, Florida; 121 Financial Ballpark
- March 9: Houston, Texas; Minute Maid Park
- March 14-16: Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Alex Box Stadium
- March 22-24: Gwinnett County, Georgia; Coolray Field
- April 12-14: Durham, North Carolina; Durham Bulls Athletic Park
- April 20-21: Albuquerque, New Mexico; Rio Grande Credit Union Field at Isotopes Park
- April 25-27: Mesa, Arizona; Sloan Park
- May 3-5: Fresno, California; Chukchansi Park
- May 9-11: Sacramento, California; Sutter Health Park
- May 16-18: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
- May 24-26: Columbus, Ohio; Huntington Park
- June 8: Boston, Massachusetts; Fenway Park
- June 13-15: Nashville, Tennessee; First Horizon Park
- June 27-29: Indianapolis, Indiana; Victory Field
- July 5-7: Buffalo, New York; Sahlen Field
- July 13: Washington, D.C.; Nationals Park
- Aug. 1-3: Louisville, Kentucky; Louisville Slugger Field
- Aug. 10: Cleveland, Ohio; Progressive Field
- Aug. 16-18: Norfolk, Virginia; Harbor Park Stadium
- Aug. 30-31: Salt Lake City, Utah; Smith's Ballpark
- Sept. 6-8: Des Moines, Iowa; Principal Park
- Sept. 21: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Citizens Bank Park
- Oct. 12: Miami, Florida; LoanDepot Park
- Oct. 14-18: Bananaland at Sea
Bananaland at Sea! a partnership with Norwegian Cruise Lines means you can go on a cruise with the Bananas themselves. It will set sail after their game in Miami. You know those fellas know how to party, so I bet that is an amazing time.
If you want to see the Bananas play or join them on their cruise, you have to get signed up on their website here for the ticket lottery. It closes on December 1st, 2023, so you have plenty of time! While getting your name on the list doesn't guarantee you the chance to buy tickets, you will be notified two months before each event so you can hop on it and get your seat at Slugger Field!