How To Live Your Best Life At ROMP 2021 In Owensboro
ROMP Fest 2021 returns to Yellowcreek Park after being canceled in 2020 and we have a survival guide so you can make the most out of the weekend.
MUST-HAVES FOR THIS YEARS FESTIVAL
First and foremost you MUST have the following to participate in ROMP this year;
• Proof of COVID Vaccination
• Proof of Identification
• Valid 2021 ROMP Ticket
*Those under 16 and unable to present a photo ID must be accompanied by a parent who can attest to their identity.
You may have a million questions if this is your first or your tenth time heading to ROMP and we have the FAQs list;
- ROMP happens rain or shine and all ticket and camping sales are final!
- Artist Line-up and Schedules are all subject to change.
- Be mindful of others and remember that large tents, umbrellas, and any other items that may block the view of the performers are not allowed.
- A shuttle will be available to take you to the Bluegrass Museum downtown and bring you back. Hours of operation are from 10 AM to 5 PM. ROMP wristband wearers admitted to the Museum free from June 27-June 29
- There will be dancing and lots of it. The performers love it. If you plan to sit and watch you may want to sit back a bit.
- Set your phone for weather alerts at ‘42303’
- Wristbands must be worn. They will be checking wristbands throughout the entire festival event.
- Smoking is only permitted on the outskirts of the festival field.
- Swimming in the lake is prohibited.
- Private golf carts or 4-wheelers are not allowed at ROMP.
- No alcohol, drugs, or weapons are allowed in Yellow Creek Park.
- Everyone attending ROMP must turn right off of Highway 144 and go through the gate, regardless of whether you went through the gate earlier.
- Dogs are allowed in the park but must be on a leash. Owners must pick up all waste left by animals.
- You may bring your own food and drink to the park.
- There will be some shower facilities available. Showering in the spray park is not allowed.
- If you purchase a single-day ticket and then wish to stay additional days, go to the Main Gate to buy the proper wristband.
- Keep the park clean. Trash cans and recycling receptacles will be available.
- No open campfires. Grills permitted. Fires must be contained and above ground.
- Kids: bring swimsuits for the water spray park! Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Kids 12 and under get free admission to the entire festival!
- The Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum is not responsible for your personal safety or for any lost or stolen items. Keep valuables locked in your car.
If you have children ROMP has a Kid's Zone with activities for the kids throughout the festival.
Today is the day you can start lining up if you are camping and ready to claim your space. This year is a bit different because ROMP is usually held in the summer and school is out. They will be utilizing Reid's Orchard and campers will need to head to the orchard in the RV staging area and wait for directions. They will continue to update social media to let everyone know when they are full and then campers will need to make other plans until the gates to ROMP open.
Jagoe Homes so graciously sponsors the coolest after-party EVER. If you are the night owl type you will love this late-night intimate concert from the front porch of the Pioneer Village popular cabin.
You do not have to purchase any additional tickets to attend.
Added in 2019 was the Trolley from downtown Owensboro to Yellowcreek. Here's the schedule;
If you love to help you can even volunteer during ROMP fest.
One of the best parts of ROMP is the food. We don't have a full list of vendors just yet but we can promise you will be amazed.